Friday, June 10, 2011

New hairstyles and a 10 for 10

Pretty much since Christmas, I haven't really done anything with my hair.  I always just leave it down because that is the easiest way for me to have it.  Occasionally, I will put it in a low ponytail but that is only when I am working out.  My hair is long and straight.  I got 2 inches cut off about three months because I had BAD split ends.  Lately, I have been inspired by other blogs to do something with my hair.  There are many great hair style ideas out there and I really want to try a few, so I have decided to do a 10 for 10 thing on my blog.  This is the first time I am trying anything like this so hopefully it will work out.  I am going to be doing 10 different hairstyles for 10 days, starting right NOW!!!

This is the hairstyle that I did today:

View from the side




View from the back
 
View from the front/side
 We are going to call this hairstyle the "cinnamon bun".  Who doesn't love a good cinnamon bun?? 
This hairstyle took me only about 15 minutes to create.  Please excuse the frizziness.  This picture was taken after we had been outside at the zoo for two hours during a play date and it decided to rain/drizzle the entire time (even though weather.com said it wasn't suppose to rain until noon).  I probably should have taken a pic before we left. 

A great tutorial for this hairstyle can be found here.  Suze does such a great job and her hair looks so cute in this style.  *Note* - I put mousse in my hair while it was still wet and used hairspray when I was done.  I didn't have a single problem with it falling out.

This is actually the second time that I have done this hairstyle.  The first time was for a wedding about a month ago and this is how it turned out:



I don't know if anyone is interested in sharing hairstyles but if anyone is, I could set up a blog linky party on the last day of my 10 for 10 so that we all can swap hairstyles and you can show me any of the ones that you have tried out that I posted or any new ones that you have been wanting to try out.  Leave a comment below if you are interested!

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen those spiral looking things in the hair section at the store? They are made by goody and kind of look like long spiraly bobby pins. They are fantastic. They come in a set of two. I have thin hair and they even hold it up in a bun. They are worth the $6 or something that they are.

    ReplyDelete