Wednesday, June 15, 2011

hairstyle #5 and #6

I didn't take a picture of hairstyle #5 because all I did was throw it up in a ponytail.  It actually looked really cute, I will have to do that more often. 

Here is hairstyle #6:

View from the side


View from the back (sort of)



I think this hairstyle turned out really cute!  I originally had a totally different hairstyle planned for today.  I really wanted to try out a french braided style on my hair.  I have never done french braiding before but it looked cute in some of the pictures that I found.  I found a tutorial on one of the other blogs that I follow and it looked easy enough.  Needless to say, I tried three or four times and it just was not working.  For today though, I still wanted to have a braided style and decided to go with braided pigtails.  When I was finished, they just didn't look all that good on me so I pinned them back on my head and this is what turned out.  Below are the steps for this hairstyle.  I could do a picture tutorial if anyone is interested.

Step 1
Split all your hair in half like you would for pig tails and braid them.  Use ponytail holders at the end to hold the braid.  (Note: make sure that the braids start in approx. the same spot.  One side was lower then the other when I did mine, so it turned out a little lopsided)

Step 2
Holding one braid, cross it behind your head to the other side and pin with a bobby pin.  Take the second braid and cross it on top of the first braid to the other side, and pin with a bobby pin.  At this point, each braid should cross your head in the back, one above the other.  You will also have the ends sticking out.  My ends stuck out right above my ears.

Step 3
Tuck the ends of the braids into the hairstyle and pin with bobby pins.

All done!  This hairstyle only took about 10 minutes and I think it is one of my favorites from the hairstyles so far.

1 comment:

  1. hey dani! this one's cute! back in high school i wore my hair in braids like allll the time - during the summer i'd tie them around my head (kinda like scandanavian or something) haha. :)

    ReplyDelete