Thursday, August 25, 2011

random thoughts about crafting

Sorry if my posts have been kind of random and sporadic.  My main computer is still down and we are trying to figure out if it is still under warranty or if my hubby should just take it apart and fix it.  I am hoping to have it up and running in the next few weeks. 

I have realized that I have not really been crafting very much this summer.  I guess I have just been busy with trying to declutter the house, basement and garage, while cleaning and doing some fun activities with the kids while the weather is still nice.  This fall/winter, I really want to start crafting more and am going to try to post about one new project a week.  I have a few projects that need to be finished, so hopefully I can get around to those.  Also, I want to get better at sewing and sew at least a few skirts for Alyssa.  My problem is that I don't really have a crafting area (maybe that's why I haven't been crafting as much in general).  I used to use one of our bedrooms, but Alyssa took over when Malachi came so all my craft stuff got boxed up and is sitting in the basement.  I have to dig though the boxes to get to the supplies I am looking for, which can be a pain.  Hopefully, I can set up a crafting area soon (and not in the basement!  I saw some scary house centipedes down there.  Ekkk!  I HATE those things!). 
Another thing that I am going to have to start working on soon that should lead to more crafting is Homemade Christmas!!!  This year I am going to try to make most of our Christmas gifts!  I am really excited about this!  I have already picked up a few gifts that were on sale or at the thrift store, but I am going to try to make the rest.  I already have a few ideas but the boys in the family are going to be the hardest ones to think of ideas for.  I know I need to start soon if I want to have it all done by Christmas!

Sorry for the random post.  These are just the thoughts I have been having lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment