Friday, August 5, 2011

Overseas Coupon Program

I like to coupon and use coupons for almost everything.  If we go out to eat, I usually have a coupon.  As everyone knows, coupons expire.  Most people I am sure, just throw the old coupons away, but did you know that military bases can use expired coupons for up to 4 to 6 months past the expiration date?  I decided to send my expired coupons their way.  There are a couple of groups that organize this but the one I used was OCPnet.org.  They gave me the address of a base to send them and off they went.  I sent them in two big ziplock bags like this:


One bag is food and the other is non-food.  I sent them in an envelope via prioity shipping and cost me a whole $5.95.  It was basically the same cost as sending it anywhere else in the US.  Great use for things that we can't use anymore.  I am all about recycling and helping others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment