Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weekend fun

So last night, I went to a bar for a fundraiser.  Yes, I don't usually go to bars.  I am just not into sitting around and paying lots of money for drinks while watching drunk people do stupid things (sorry to the people that actually go to bars for fun, but I am sure you know what I mean!).  But this was for a good cause, so why not?  The bar I went to was JD's Piano bar in Pontiac.  The funds being raised were for the three-day breast cancer walk.  I drove with my brother and his wife and we stayed about 3 hours.  Surprisingly, I actually had a good time.  For those of you that have never been to a piano bar, they basically have two pianos set up next to each other on a stage and and have the musicians play together.  I guess I expected more "dueling" but mostly the musicians were playing and singing together or one was playing while the other was prepping for the next song.  They were really good about getting the crowd involved, especially the people that hate going on stage.  I would definitely check it out again but I will not be becoming a regular anytime soon.

Today, we went to BD's.  Love that place.   I had a coupon for a free stir fry for my b-day.  Click here if you want a free stir fry for your b-day!  Since we were so full from lunch, we went to Coldstone and had ice cream for dinner.  Healthy, I know.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment