Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Signs of Spring

Yesterday was so nice outside here.  Well, actually, it looked a lot warmer than it really was but we were still able to take a walk for about 45 minutes.  On our walk we visited the "farm" that is down the street.  The house is over 100 years old and has been in the same family the entire time.  Because of this, they are able to have animals that others are not.  They have chickens and my children love going to visit them.  They want to go see them every time we go for a walk.  On our walk, we also saw lots of bulb sprouts.  I pointed them out to my daughter and she asked "the flowers that you blow on, like the ones in our yard?" (referring to dandelions)  Ummmmm.....not quite.
Another sign:  Last spring I bought a calla lily at the Eastern Farmers market downtown.  After it flowered and died I just put it in my garage.  The other day I saw little sprouts.  I was so excited because I didn't think that it was going to re-sprout.

Hop on over to anikaburke.com today and check out the daily deal.  They are a cute little boutique that is selling a mystery grab bag of 12 accessories for $12 (plus $5 shipping).  I might have to pick up one for myself, their stuff is really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment