Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Frumps to Pumps Challenge Day 1

So far I am three days into the Frumps to Pumps Challenge and really enjoying it.  Sarah Mae does a great job with the motivotional (motivation + devotional) and relating them to what mothers are actually going through and feeling.  I also love that she gives the reader bible verses to back up what she is saying.

I love that she starts Day 1 with stating who we are.  Many times, I compare myself to other blogging mommies and feel like I never match up to any of them.  Sarah Mae reminds us that God made us each individually with our own set of strengths and weaknesses.  One of my favorite quotes is :

Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.  ~Albert Einstein

Now I know this quote is talking about intelligence, but I think that the same thing can also be related to other areas of our being.  If I compare myself to a mommy blogger that has super sewing skills and can whip up her kids clothing in a few hours, I will just feel bad that I don't have that skill and beat myself up over it.  That's not what God wants us to do.  He wants us to remember that we are his children, each with unique qualities and abilities that he hand-picked for each of us.  God designed us as individuals and wants us to allow him to mold us to become better people.  I think the world would be completely boring if everyone were exactly the same.  I love Sarah Mae's ending quote "Frumps or pumps, He loves you just the same."  I just need to remember that anytime I feel down or beat myself up over something stupid.  In this motivotional, we were challenged to pick a time to be dressed by Mon. through Friday.  My goal is 9 am.  Ideally, I would prefer for it to be earlier but right now, I think 9 is very doable. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you like to join me in this challenge?  Click here to get a copy of the Ebook for only $4.99!


No comments:

Post a Comment